Safety and Security
California Cryobank's corporate headquarters is specially designed to ensure maximum protection from earthquake, fire, flood, or loss of power. Our state-of-the-art facility also features security and identification technology to protect our clients' and donors' safety and privacy.
- All exterior doors are secured and protected 24 hours a day by custom fit magnetic locks. No one can access the building without a coded pass card.
- Interior zones (including the cryogenic storage area) are protected by additional magnetic doors also requiring a coded pass card for entry.
- All public access is monitored by mounted cameras fed directly to the reception desks. No one is admitted without visual confirmation by a receptionist.
24 Hour Video Surveillance
- Cameras provide 100% coverage of our parking lot. A digital video recorder stores over six months of motion-sensor activated recordings.
- Our building is monitored by ADT Security Systems via door, window, and interior motion sensors.
- Once the alarm is tripped, the L.A.P.D. or L.A.F.D is automatically notified. Response times are under 5 minutes. One of our employees responds as well.
Fire / Safety
- The building is monitored 24 hours a day by ADT Security Systems.
- The system is the same one used by hospitals, department stores and high rise buildings.
- The system protecting our 20,000 square foot facility is capable of monitoring and protecting a building five times the size.
- 31 individual smoke detectors monitor the buildings duct system, automatically shutting down all dampers in the event of smoke or a fire.
- Remote access via the internet allows off site monitoring of all systems and alarms.
Traditional Sprinkler System
- Heat sensitive sprinkler heads every 10 feet.
- Activated by smoke or heat, the system pumps enough water to extinguish a fire covering an entire city block.
Dry Chemical Suppression System
- Installed by Fire Protection Services to monitor and protect the digital records/server room.
- State-of-the-art technology uses a dry chemical fire suppressant to protect all digitally stored information and materials without any water dispersal.
- Operates both independently and in unison with the sprinkler system. Sprinkler system still acts as a back-up in case of catastrophic or life-threatening damage control.
Emergency Back-up Systems
- An industrial diesel emergency electric generator provides fully independent back-up power in case of any power failure. This ensures that our facility remains active and protected - even in case of a city wide blackout.
- 6,000 gallon liquid nitrogen (LN2) tank provides constant supply of freezing agent to specimens. If our LN2 supply is interrupted for any reason, this system can maintain safe levels of LN2 for several weeks without refilling.
24 Hour Hotline
- Provides access to a company employee around the clock including weekends and holidays.
Reinforced Structural Integrity
- The entire building has been seismically retrofitted and reinforced in accordance with updated safety requirements approaching "Essential" building qualifications (hospitals, fire departments, and police stations).
- This is 50% greater than is required by the current Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety codes.